Triple Chocolate Cheese Cake, with salted peanut caramel is one of those super decadent desserts and a show stopper! The crumbly chocolate biscuit base, the rich creamy and chocolate filling is balanced with the salty peanut caramel and toasty marshmallow and trust me it will make your guests Ohhh and Ahhh in delight. This dessert does take a while to make as each layer needs time to set. I recommend starting this a day or two before you need it, and keeping it in the fridge until needed. So next time you have a serious craving for some serious chocolate give this dessert a try!
1) Spray a 22cm springform pan with oil, then line with non-stick baking paper, allowing the edge to overhang.
2) In a food processor, process biscuits until finely crushed. Next add the melted butter and process until well combined. Transfer biscuit mixture to the cake pan and firmly press the mixture into the base and up the sides (I like to use a straight tall glass to do this as I find it achieves a smooth even crust). Place into the fridge to chill.
3) Now your going to make the salted peanut caramel. Stir the sugar and water in a large saucepan over a low heat for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil. Boil the sugar mixture, without stirring making sure you brush down the sides occasionally with a wet pastry brush for 18-20 minutes or until deep golden. Remove caramel from the heat and carefully stir in the cream. Return to a medium heat and cook while stirring for 2 minutes, then set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
4) Stir through the peanuts into the caramel, then spoon over the biscuit base. Smooth over the surface and place in the fridge for 3 hours or until firm.
5) Place the extra butter and 60g of the dark chocolate into a bowl over a saucepan half filled with simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water) stirring until melted and smooth. Spread over the caramel to cover and set aside for 10 minutes to set.
6) Next place the white chocolate into a new clean bowl over the saucepan of half filled simmering water stirring until melted and smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
7) Meanwhile place the hot water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle with the gelatine. Place the bowl in a slightly larger heatproof bowl filled with boiling water. set aside, stirring occasionally. for 5 minutes or until the gelatine dissolves. Remove from the larger bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
8) Process the cream cheese, sugar and 3/4 cup of the cream in a food processor until smooth. Add the melted white chocolate and process until combined. Add gelatine to the cream cheese mixture and process until well combined. Pour mixture over the dark chocolate, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 4 hours to set.
9) Next place the remaining dark chocolate and cream in a saucepan over a low heat and cook until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over the cheesecake and place in the fridge for an hour to set.
10) Meanwhile make the Italian Meringue. Spoon the meringue into a piping bag fitted with a 1 cm nozzle, and pipe peaks on top of the cake. Lastly use a blowtorch to caramelise or toast the meringue.
Remember the secret to the perfect dish is to cook with love (and a little va va voom) xx