With Good Friday fast approaching I bet your going through all the seafood recipes you know and love trying to figure out what your going to serve. Its a tough decision to make, do you go with something quick and easy but that you’ve had a thousand times? Or do you go with something more elaborate and difficult, but last time you made it you swore you would attempt it again as it was way to complicated? Choices, choices! I have a solution, why not go somewhere in the middle? Take a family favourite and put it on its head? My Fish & Chips ticks all the boxes, and promises to make your good friday meal one to remember!
1) Whisk together eggs and water in a bowl. Then gently stir through 1 1/2 cups of flour using chopsticks. It is very important that you don’t over work the batter, there should be clumps of flour left. Set aside in the fridge until needed.
3) Using a mandolin, attach the fine cutting attachment and cut all the potatoes. If your mandolin does not have this attachment, thinly slice the potatoes. Once cut place them on a paper towel to help remove excess water.
4) Deep fry your chips at 190C for 3 minutes or until cooked through and crunchy. Drain your chips on a paper towel and season with plenty of salt. Then place in a warm oven until your ready to serve.
4) Next season the remaining flour with salt and pepper. Lightly dust the flathead fillets in seasoned flour, then coat with the tempura batter.
5) Deep fry the battered fish fillets at 180C for about 5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Serve with a side salad and some Effortless Aioli.
Remember the secret to the perfect dish is to cook with love (and a little va va voom) xx