We have started a new tradition at home, each week the kids get to cook a meal each for dinner. The kids get to pick a dish they want to cook, then find a recipe and then cook it, I’m hoping that its going to teacher them skills for life, and so far it seems to be going well. Anabelle wanted to cook Pork Chops this week, and thankfully they also happen to be on special at my local butcher! She decided that she wanted to cook Hot Chips to go with the Pork which has made this a very simple dish that anyone can recreate at home! Come on if my 8 year old Daughter can do it (by herself) than surely you can too!
1) Preheat oven to 240C, line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
2) Place cut potatoes into a large pot and cover with water and 1/2 a tablespoon of salt. Bring to the boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes. Drain the potatoes really well, then arrange them in a single layer in the baking tray (You can use two baking trays if needed).
3) Drizzle over half the oil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden, making sure you turn the chips half way through baking.
4) Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat. While your waiting for the oil to heat up use a sharp pair of scissors cut slits along the fat.
5) Sprinkle one side of your pork chops with half the oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper. Carefully place the pork into the heated pan oregano side down, then sprinkle the other side with the remaining oregano.
6) Cook pork chops for 4 minutes on each side, remove from the heat and squeeze lemon juice over the top. Cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Serve with the hot chips on the side.
Remember there is nothing like cooking with Kids In The Kitchen xx